FAQ - Buying and leasing a beat from 20DollarBeats.com
Master a single track with this beat, and sell up to 2500 combined personal copies of your music for 1 Year via MP3, WAV or video. Buy the unlimited use rights (in pop up cart) to monetize your works on social media platforms such as Spotify, iTunes, and YouTube. Other artists will still be able to buy a license to use this instrumental. Also included is the use of your music in Live Performances and Radio Play for the entire term of the license. To acknowledge the producer, you must place verbal or written credits in your completed works. Click here to know more about the difference between Non-Exclusive and Exclusive Beats
- Does the beat I buy have the girls voice on it (saying 20dollarbeats.com)
- No. When you add a beat to your cart, then pay for it with paypal.com, you will be either sent back to the site to download your links or you will get an email with your links. The linked files are the full beats without the vocal tag. You will also have 24hrs to download your files in case you cant download them right away. The producers tag may be in some beats if they prefer to add it, you will hear it in the samples on the site, so if you hear it there, you'll hear it in the one you get.
- Do the beats or beat I buy get removed from the site?
- No, we do not remove non exclusive beats from the site. The only way to get the beat removed and call it your own is to buy it exclusively. Prices for exclusive beats range from $399 to $2000 depending on the beat and/or producer. You can request a price from the contact page or go to exclusiverapbeats.com and purchase the beats directly.
- Are these beats available for exclusive rights? How can I buy the right to them?
- Yes, As of now, 20dollarbeats.com sells non-exclusive beats with the option to purchase the exclusive rights by request. If you want the exclusive rights, use the contact page and request the rights to a particular track or go to exclusiverapbeats.com and buy them directly if they are listed on there.
- Do I get exclusive rights to these beats/instrumentals?
- No, Not for non exclusive beats. The site is a non exclusive beat site. However, almost all the beats are available for exclusive purchase if you wish. Just email us with the beat you want and we'll see if its available. Prices range from $299 and up depending on the beat/producer. Exclusive rights means you can sell your song for profit with no limits and the beat is removed from the site so no one else can buy it. Also, you get contracts, separated production tracks in un compressed "wav" format, and it's all on a disk or USB drive that is shipped to you for backup and studio uses.
- I didn't get my links?
- No problem. You can re-download it from the site. Just use the login link on the home page (top middle nav). Enter your email address and request a password if you never logged in yet.
- Do you offer a payment plan for exclusives?
- Yes, we do. Here are the details of the plans we offer at this time.
Plan A: Pay a $100 deposit fee. This will allow you to hold the beat so that no one else can purchase it exclusively. It’s still listed on the site as non exclusive and will be removed after you pay the beat in full. The balance would be paid within 30 days of the deposit.
Plan B: Make a $100 deposit and make 2 remaining payments (50% of the balance) split within 60 days. i.e.: Beat is $500, you put $100 to hold it, the remainder is $400, you then pay $200 within 30 days, and the rest ($200) within 30 days of that (60 days from deposit)
- Do I own the track after I buy it and do I get a printed agreement?
- No, you do not own the beat. You are buying a non exclusive beat. All non exclusive beats are LEASED not SOLD. You are leasing the rights to use it. By downloading the track, you are bound to the terms and conditions of non exclusive use. All tracks are downloaded from the site and do not come with printed terms. If you want to “own it” you would need to purchase the exclusive rights to it. Most beats are available as exclusive rights if you request them. Prices range from $299 and up depending on the beat/producer. Exclusive beat sales come with contracts, separated production tracks and shipped on disk. If you buy the exclusive rights, the beat would also be removed from the site for good and is never sold to anyone else again.
- I downloaded a beat but it's only a few seconds long what happened?
- Empty your cache (temp internet folder) and/or reboot and download it again... delete the first one first then re-download. It's a problem with the browser you use, I.E. times out and it thinks you got the entire file. Also, try using the windows media player, not a 3rd party player like winamp. You can re-download it from the site. Just use the login button on the home page (top right nav) Enter your email address and request a password if you never logged in yet.
- What does Royalty Free mean?
- Music which is sold without any ongoing royalty obligations. The copyright is owned in its entirety, by the seller. Royalty Free is not the same as copyright free. In the case of royalty free, the selling entity or entities retain the copyright interest.
- Can I use these beats on my album? Demo? Mix-tape? Website? Can I use them to perform shows or Produce a demo to send to A and R, companies and record labels etc!
- Definitely, when you purchase from 20DollarBeats.com you are purchasing the non-exclusive rights to that track. A Limited License grants you, the licensee, a limited right to download & use 20DollarBeats.com royalty free Non Exclusive Beats in MP3 format for Radio Advertisement, Commercial Advertisement, Television Advertisement, Internet Background Music, On-Hold/In-House Background Music, and/or Recording Artist Demonstrations. Additionally, specific limitations exist where 20DollarBeats.com's limited music license can only be used for demonstration purposes and must adhere to the rules of "synchronization" where AUDIO/VISUAL PERFORMANCES must be recorded against and with 20DollarBeats.com's music. 20DollarBeats.com's music may not be resold and licenses are non-transferable. All distributed works must show the following legal music credit: Music Producer - 20dollarBeats.com.
- Can I sell the song(s) I make with these beats?
- Yes. You can sell up to 2500 cd's or tapes, as long as you print our web site (www.20dollarbeats.com). If you post it online, you MUST add a link to our the site (e.g. Music by: http://www.20dollarbeats.com). Only exclusive beats are available for resale or major distribution Click here for exclusive beats.
- Do these beats use samples or contain any copyrighted material?
- All of our beats are 100% original, and 100% sample free. However, some clients wish to use samples for custom production and they will be responsible for clearing any and all samples used with respective copyright owners. Please contact us about any beat/loop/track in question.
- Do I have to worry about clearing samples?
- Yes, while most of our beats do not contain any copyrighted sample material so you don’t need to worry about it, but in some cases samples are requested by people wanting custom production work. They may need permission to duplicate in a commercial environment. Please contact us about any beat/loop/track in question.
Our "Exclusive Beats" section: has full length prearranged tracks. These tracks vary in length, however they are all over 3:30 each. You can edit them how ever you like to get the right time for your demo. When you buy an exclusive beat, you will receive all the tracks on CD in wav format separated and un mastered on a CD and a downloadable mp3 file to get started. This will give you the ultimate in flexibility for creating your "own" unique version of the mix.
- How long are the beats?
- Our "Non Exclusive Beats" section: has full length prearranged tracks. These tracks vary in length, however they are all 3:30 or longer. You can edit them how ever you like to get the right time for your demo.